Me: "G stop! G stop! G! STOP! IT!"
G: "I'm doing this because I want her to fall!"
Annika starts screaming even louder: "G WANTS ME TO FALL!"
Me: "WHY would you want to be SO mean to your sister?"
G stops, thinks for a minute then gives me this little gem:
I just couldn't help but laugh and laugh.
Then last night he said: "Mama, even when you are disappointed, you are still nice! Thank you for EVERYTHING!"
He is unbelievably sweet!
This Fall, G had his soccer practice and Annika was playing with a ball on the sidelines. She fell and scraped her knee. She saw that she was bleeding and freaked out, screaming as loud as she could. I grabbed her and took her to the car to get a band-aid. G kept playing soccer.
After soccer practice, we all went to the car, and, as he was buckling, G said: "I saw Annika fell down and I prayed to God".
Me: "Um, you prayed to God?"
G: "Yes, I did."
Me: "What did you say?"
G: "I said: Dear God, please make Annika's ouchie feel better. Thank you."
Me: "Did you say it out loud or did you say it in your head?"
G: "I said it in my head"
Me: "That was very nice of you, G."
Today:
Annika: I am four!
G: And I am six.
A: You are not six!
G: Yes, I am!
A: No, you are googol!
G: You can't be googol because that's when you die.
A: I don't want to die.
G: But that is when you become an angel. An angel is like a fairy because they have wings. And you go to heaven where God lives.
A: I want to be a fairy!
G is very, very interested in religion right now. We really need to find time to visit local Catholic churches.
A few weekends ago, we were at a store shopping and G started quietly crying. Tears were just flowing down his cheeks.
We asked him what was wrong and he asked us: "Why did Prince have to go? I miss him."
It was heartbreaking. I said that maybe he should ask Santa to bring him a kitten. G replied that Santa only brings toys that elves make and he can't bring cats.
So, we told him that it doesn't hurt to ask and Santa can sometimes do magic.
G was ECSTATIC at the possibly and he was now convinced that he was getting a cat from Santa.
We asked him what was wrong and he asked us: "Why did Prince have to go? I miss him."
It was heartbreaking. I said that maybe he should ask Santa to bring him a kitten. G replied that Santa only brings toys that elves make and he can't bring cats.
So, we told him that it doesn't hurt to ask and Santa can sometimes do magic.
G was ECSTATIC at the possibly and he was now convinced that he was getting a cat from Santa.
-Scanned photo- Visiting Santa at Santa's Village. Summer 2013.
On Christmas Eve we went to church for the children's service, where Annika was an angel and G was a sheep. When we were singing about sheep, G would say "That's ME!" (seen in the video) and when the pastor would mention Joseph (and Mary), G would say to Joseph: "That's YOU!"
He is too cute!
Then we came home, ate dinner and left some food for reindeers and Santa himself.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Remember the golden rule.