Standing at the Lincoln Memorial, overlooking the National Mall and Washington Memorial.
Washington DC.
We are home now after being gone for 5 days. The kids woke up at 11am this morning, because they went to sleep very late last night.
I sit here and I am so bored! Yes, I can get up and do something but it is not the same as the excitement of being on the road. Driving and driving, seeing new places, discovering new restaurants and cafes, driving to Philadelphia's downtown at midnight to get authentic Philly Cheesesteak. Or, visiting the 9/11 Pentagon Memorial in the middle of the night. Best time to visit, too! Not sure what word I should use to describe it.... Awe-inspiring, breathtaking, marvelous....
Oddly enough, my kids hardly complained! They only complained when they needed to go to the bathroom. Next time we are so bringing some "Travel Johns" with us.
I am so lucky that Joseph feels the same way about traveling. He never complains about driving long distances and loves being on the road as much as I do. I only hope that my kids will eventually marry someone who loves to travel, too. And, I hope they will go places and see new things.
G and Annika had so many wonderful experience in the last couple of days! The benefit of living in New England is being close to soooo many natural and man-made wonders.
We are so blessed to be able to afford to travel like this. Not just money-wise, but time-wise as well. I really truly understand just how lucky we are.
I am behind on my photo editing. This is what happens when I take too many pictures.
I am also busy-ish. I am in the middle of registering the kids for all kinds of activities for the Fall and getting ready for G to start K. Orientation is in 2 weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Remember the golden rule.