15 on the 15th - Today is our 15th wedding anniversary!
❤ ♡ ❤
On Saturday, we woke up late and then sat around for bit. I wanted to go the Dinosaur Park in Connecticut, but at the last minute decided we should go to the beach instead.G was feeling better. He had a slight fever on Friday and he continued to have a pretty bad cough every now & then. He also complained about itchy skin, but Benadryl and Aveeno lotion helped with that. I thought the ocean air would be good for him.
We decided to check out a new-to-us beach in York, Maine. I wanted to get there around 2:30pm, because the high tide was at 2:08pm that day and I personally hate coming to the beach before high tide.
We left at 1pm and drove directly to "Lobster in The Rough" to get some lunch before going swimming. What a nice place! Joseph's lobster roll was amazing! I got fried scallops and they were just as amazing.
The kids had fish and chips. Annika also enjoyed some of my scallops.
Long Beach in York, ME
We got there after high tide! Perfect timing!
We got there after high tide! Perfect timing!
Joseph and G swam the whole time.
After the beach, we stopped by the "Hanna Andersson" outlet and got Annika a new swimsuit (without any Disney Princesses on it! YAY!) and a new winter coat. Getting ready for school!
We got home around 9pm. It was definitely a great day. I love discovering new beaches and new seafood stands.
Speaking of school, today I registered G for drawing classes at the local art school, as well as piano lessons. We are also going to register him for swimming in September when the registration starts (his instructor said he is ready to move to the next level!) and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (want to try a free class first).
G also requested to do tennis, soccer, horseback riding and ice skating. Not sure when we can find time for all that! He is really good at ice skating, so I'm not sure he needs lessons, especially because we are not interested in doing hockey.
I will look into horseback riding for both of them when the town catalog comes in the mail.
I registered Annika for ballet and gymnastics. She also wants to do horseback riding lessons and ice skating.
We will be busy this fall! But, for now, we will enjoy our summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Remember the golden rule.