Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The spots!


UPDATE on August 9, 2013: It was Fifth Disease, not Chicken Pox!

The Chickenpox vaccine didn't work for G!  At first I thought he was having a weird reaction to something he ate, then I started to suspect chickenpox and the nurse just said it sounds like "breakthrough varicella"
He should have a pretty mild case with atypical presentation due to the fact that he was vaccinated, but ugh!
He has a slight fever and a pretty bad cough.
I am not sure what will happen with Annika.  She is only partially vaccinated.  She was scheduled to receive her 2nd shot in November.
The nurse told us to get Aveeno bath, lotions and Bendaryl to keep him from scratching.  If it doesn't work, then the doctor will prescribe us some antihistamines.


Meanwhile, I had to cancel all the play dates for the week and G is forming a One Man Band:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember the golden rule.