Monday, August 19, 2013

New beds.

The kids got their new beds!  Finally!  We waited for 6 long weeks for them to get here (they were on back order).
After much research, I got G a new non-toxic mattress (or maybe I should say "much less toxic than other mattresses" mattress) without the Boric acid (roach killer) and (brominated) PBDE fire retardants (a chemical that disrupts human thyroid hormone functioning).  
And, we also got an organic, fire retardants-free mattress cover for him.
For Annika, we got a mattress that has no fire retardants at all!  Instead, it has a wool cover, a completely natural fire retardant! Wool is also self extinguishing.
Researching non-toxic mattresses gave me a massive headache!  Why is everything so poisonous and complicated?  Why is it that more natural products are more expensive?
I have a lot more planned for re-doing their rooms.  Next, we need to get new dressers and nightstands, lamps and rugs.



Want to know more about toxic mattresses?  Start your research here!
Bedding: Target and Pottery Barn Kids.
Mattress cover: Naturepedic.  Available on Amazon.

Beds: Crate and Barrel's Land of Nod, Full Chocolate Walden Bed and Twin White Walden Bed.
I absolutely love Crate & Barrel furniture!  It is worth every penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember the golden rule.